Going off to the GP is another classic example of ‘Men are from Mars’ and ‘Women from Venus’. Statistics tell us that ladies are much more inclined to have regular check ups however, when it comes to men we just about need death’s door knocking before we will make that trip to see our friendly GP.
Why is it important to have regular check ups? Preventative medicine in most cases is a lot more palatable then dealing with years of neglect. As an example, a diagnosis of high cholesterol may motivate someone to make certain lifestyle changes that not only prolongs their life but also the quality of it.
Now considering your financial well-being when was the last time you undertook to have a financial health check? Here are a few questions you may be asked;
- What are your goals in life and are you on the right track to achieving them?
- Are you maximising your earning potential?
- Are you saving enough for retirement?
- Is your investment portfolio sufficiently diversified?
- If you died or became incapacitated tomorrow, will the family have enough to take care of their needs?
- Do you spend too much of your income?
While we can all ask these questions of ourselves it is another story to diagnose the problem and recommend the correct solution. Now is the ideal time to make an appointment to see a financial specialist. Taking the medicine is up to you.