After Ash Barty kicked off 2022 with a fantastic win in the Australian Open Women’s title in January (the first Australian to do so since 1978), followed by the opening of the borders in February to fully vaccinated non-residents, one could be forgiven for thinking the next 12 months would provide us with a level of normality. As we embark on yet another New Year, no doubt we all have our own memories and stories to reflect on the past year, so we thought we would share some of the Alman Partners team’s positive highlights, both personally and professionally, during 2022.
- Our Alman family continues to grow with the arrival of Veronika and Marco’s first child, Isabella.
- Professionally, it has been amazing to see the team grow and how much we all love working together (good and bad days) and the amazing outcomes that brings with it. We have also seen growth of both the Mackay and Brisbane offices, welcoming Jess, Ciara, Jodie, James, Mel and Ashleigh into the AP Family.
- Our Managing Partner, Steve, and his wife Sally have relocated to Brisbane after living in Mackay for the past 30+ years. Both their children and the AP Brisbane team are thrilled with the move!
- The Mackay Foundation, led by our Frances, reached another milestone with over $3 million in the corpus, increasing the annual grant giving to $120K plus. We manage the Foundation assets and contribute to the Fund as a Named Fund.
- Mel, Mehak, Caitlyn, James, Sam, Jodie, Ashleigh, Kelsey, Andrea, and Bryn, have spent the past 12 months allocating time to furthering their education, by either finishing or starting Degrees, Graduate Diplomas and kicking off Professional Year study.
- Many staff have been maintaining a work-life balance, with success on the sporting fields – a soccer player’s player award, a winning rugby premiership team, a 5km park run PB (26.54 minutes), 3 adventure races (including one in Malaysia), age champion in athletics (Jodie’s son Harvi), new golf memberships, new gym memberships, training for a marathon, and no doubt many more personal achievements and goals.
- Nick and Rowena of Minds Aligned, seemed to get the best out of all of us at our Heartstyles day, with the team providing open, honest, compassionate and constructive feedback. Witnessing the personal and professional growth of our team has been a highlight.
- Shakara, Veronika, Jodie, Kelsey, and Ashleigh have either purchased or renovated new homes.
And last but not least, is the satisfaction that we have received throughout the year, seeing clients achieving their long-term goals and ‘true wealth.’ We have had clients that have achieved important goals, such as overseas travel, home renovations and the building of their dream homes, giving their children a head start &/or seeing them complete their studies, to name a few. We have also had a number of clients who have been with us over the past 37 years who are now living their best lives in retirement, spending time watching their grandchildren grow, and now that the borders have re-opened, enjoying travelling both in Australia and overseas. It has been a delight and an absolute privilege to be able to share in all of our client’s achievements.
Jason Kirk (CFP® Professional, SMSF Specialist Adviser, GradDip. App.Fin&Inv, B.Econ) is a representative of Alman Partners Pty Ltd, Australian Financial Services Licence No: 222107.
Any information provided to you was purely factual in nature. It has not been taken into account your personal objectives, situation or needs. The information is objectively ascertainable and is not intended to imply any recommendation or opinion about a financial product. This does not constitute financial product advice under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). It is recommended that you obtain financial product advice before making any decision on a financial product such as a decision to purchase or invest in a financial product. Please contact us if you would like to obtain financial product advice.