With most things in our life, we get a second opinion of some form or another. From purchasing a new car, changing jobs, getting a doctor’s opinion, or entering into a new relationship, we want to make sure it is right for us before we make a serious decision that impacts our future. In these situations, we tend to call on those that we know to be wise, the professionals or experts in our life.
So why is it that so many of us do not tend to do the same for our financial health?
Unfortunately, like many Australians, neglecting your current financial health can lead to the following scenarios:
- Default super funds: with no clear understanding of where your core capital is invested, the associated risks and how much it is costing you.
- No vision of what your financial future looks like: no clearly defined goals or personal plan to have the best possible chance of achieving what’s important to you.
- Unanswered questions such as: When can I retire? Do I have enough? Can I afford to purchase xyz and what future impact with this have?
During current times, physical, mental and financial health are of growing importance and getting a second opinion, or even just one can give you the empowerment and clarity needed to reduce some of your stressors in life. We can’t change what happens in markets, no one can, but we can give you financial education to understand your current situation, if you are optimising it, and if there is a better alternative to you.
If any of the below apply to you, then it is probably time for another look at what’s under the hood:
- I’ve had a significant change in my situation.
- I’m unsure of what my investment strategy is.
- I have multiple investments across several platforms with no consolidated view of them all.
- I’m not working with a fiduciary.
- I’m managing my portfolio myself.
If you are managing your situation independently or if you have another adviser, by taking a spare hour of your time to review your financial health with an expert can only give you more confidence to continue on your same path, or steer you towards a better journey. So, what’s to lose?
Contact us to arrange your Second Opinion.
Kelsey Dent (DipFP, ADFP, BA Hons [Bus,Mgt]) is a representative of Alman Partners Pty Ltd, Australian Financial Services Licence No: 222107.
Note: This material is provided for information only. No account has been taken of the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular person or entity. Accordingly, to the extent that this material may constitute general financial product advice, investors should, before acting on the advice, consider the appropriateness of the advice, having regard to the investor’s objectives, financial situation and needs. This is not an offer or recommendation to buy or sell securities or other financial products, nor a solicitation for deposits or other business, whether directly or indirectly.